Is it true that nursing while pregnant isn't good?

I just found out I'm pregnant but niether me or my son are ready to stop nursing, can it be dangerous for my new baby if I continue?

Asked by LoriJo at 11:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not *at all*. And if anyone ever tells you that, be sure to tell them that they are very ill informed. And if you're not ready to stop BFing your son when your new little one comes along, that's what tandem nursing is for :)

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 12:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• nope! i'm nursing my 14 m/o and due in 2 months. check out kelly mom for more info!

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• thats is an old wives tale and full of doggy doo doo

• The ONLY time that it is at all dangerous is later in pregnancy if you are at risk for preterm labor. Other than that, it is totally absolutly safe! Some kids will self-wean during pregnancy, because the milk changes and some don't like the taste. You can continue to nurse through pregnancy and the birth of your new one if you want to!

Answer by sapient at 12:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2008