no nap and up 2 to 3 times a night at 2 1/2

Our 2 1/2 year old does not take naps on a daily basis anymore, which I myself miss deeply. And if by some chance she does fall asleep, she will then be up til 10 or 11 at night, so I am willing to give up the nap. A normal night for her to go to bed is around 7pm because she is up and running by 7am every morning. And she is a very active lil girl. She plays inside and out all day. My main issue is that she wakes up every night 2 to 3 times, no crying, no fussing, just up and heads for our bed. Put her back to bed and she goes to sleep, but I am sure to see her again during the night. I can not seem to figure out how she can not nap, be up sooo much at night and then get up so early. I miss a solid nights sleep.

lilredsfrm67

Asked by lilredsfrm67 at 10:27 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's normal for human children to wake at night, breastfeed, and sleep with their mothers until they are 3 or older. If they find they are alone they seek out their mother or cry. It's hardwired in the human brain. It's normal for moms and toddlers to sleep together in most the world and even for 2 year olds to still be nursing at night.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:54 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Sounds like you transitioned her to a toddler bed too early.

Put a toddler gate at her door, to keep her in her room at night. It's safer that way...you don't want her wandering around the house at night while you are sleeping.

Make sure she has a small snack before bed. Maybe hunger is partially to blame for her waking up so often.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Sounds just like my son, however he is in the start of transitioning from 1 nap to no nap so I think that could be our issue but he also started waking at night after being sick and up throwing up at 2 years old and here I am 6 months later and he's still waking 1 to 5 times a night.. I waived the white flag of trying to get him to sleep without me ending in his bed, btu after 2 months and him hurting himself during a fit, I figured it was not worth it.. its gotten better but yeah, I miss a full nights sleep too and have to go to bed when he does at 8:30. so I am not a zombie either.. I've tried making sure he was full, bathed, routine, tons of methods.. I have no answer's but I'm here for ya..lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:33 PM on May. 4, 2010

• thank you maxsmom, i have really tried everything and i have really just accepted the fact that i am on her schedule. i posted this question last night and funny thing is.........she slept allllll night. lets see what happens tonight, crossing my fingers, but not holding my breathe, i do not look good in purple...lol
    lilredsfrm67

Answer by lilredsfrm67 at 7:32 PM on May. 4, 2010