What do you think of PETA? And their videos?

What do you think of PETA?
What do you think of the videos they show?
Do you believe these videos show the real life of animals before they end up on our dinner plate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Health

• omg peta makes me crazy. i am a total animal lover and i do not eat chicken or eggs because of what i saw on peta. recently i was doing some reserch and ended up on PETA web site. i ended up on the phone with petco and petsmart managers! i was on a mission to save all of the animals and fish! i so agree with their mission to save animals, but i do think they go a little over the top. i try to stay away from their web site, only because it haunts me and my sleep. i just cant handle reading that stuff, and i get obsessed with it. so i just have to stay away from it. :(
    i have 5 cats and 2 dogs and several fish. i cant handle any more animals. lol
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 12:21 AM on May. 4, 2010

• They are extremists. They are edited to shock. The show the real lives of some animals.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:39 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Whats most important about the question is, do you think the videos are how most of our food ends up on our plate?
    Do you still eat meat guilt free even after watching it..
    Anonymous

• Sadly, PETA is in place for a reason. Yes, the videos are real and purposely created to shock us into the reality that animal cruelty is rampant in our society and many others. How about the skinning alive of dogs and cats in China for "fur" on the collar of our cutsie shirts and jackets. NEVER buy them.
    Anonymous

• No, I eat free range and organically grown. It makes a difference.
    Anonymous

• I think the people at peta are nuts. They are only in it for the shock factor. Yes I am sure they find places that do these things but that is not how all farms are handled. We have a diary farm in our family and every animal is treated humanely.

Anonymous

• Yes, their videos are real. They are intended to shock. If you would prefer a religious perspective on vegetarianism, watch A Sacred Duty:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9RxmTGHZgE

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on May. 4, 2010