Treating yeast infections with garlic while pregnant...

Is this really safe? I feel like a yeast infection is coming on... I've had them before, but this time I'm pregnant, and can't treat it like I normally would, so has anyone ever tried the garlic remedy while pregnant. Did it work, were there side effects??... Any info is appreciated. I'd call my Dr. to ask, but it takes them forever to respond to phone calls, especially this late at night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think you should do it without talking to your doctor. I would take a shower and put on a nightgown with no panties to have as much air circulation as possible.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:43 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Being that garlic is a natural antibiotic and being that you can eat foods that contain garlic while pregnant I would imagine that itt would be safe but just to be sure I would call your ON first thing in the morning and ask.
    Anonymous

• OB not ON
    Anonymous

• I think you can still use vagisil, if i am not mistaken. yes, garlic is safe, but DON"T put it directly on the location. You CAN put plain yogurt down there for a few hours at a time (too long wil only make it worse). But cut up a clove of garlic and swallow the pieces. You probably won't smell bad, but if you do, its worth it! Lol You will probably only need one clove, but you can always take another after 24-28 hours if it isn't getting better. Even 12... but the more you take closer together the better chance you'll smell like a bread stick!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:37 AM on May. 4, 2010