If you care about immigrants?

Wouldn't you want the borders secured and enforced?
Shouldn't you demand that the federal government do its job, so that we can have the immigration system that both Americans and immigrants deserve.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Secure the borders how? That's the problem.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:46 PM on May. 3, 2010

• US military. Pull them out of Afghanistan and Iraq, move them to our borders.
    Anonymous

• I care about immigrants. I just want the illegal ones to become legal. Slight difference.
    Anonymous

• Anon :46 -Good point. Get ready for the backlash from the right-

Anonymous

• I agree with anon 10:46
    bring the us military to the borders..
    there are some immigrants I don't care to bother with.. and those are the ones TRYING to make a good life.. but for those that just wants to move here and mooch of other people and just live here.. needs to get out.. America is for helping others.. not to be walked on
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:18 PM on May. 3, 2010

• You can't put deploy Active Duty personnel on American soil.

The president at the request of a state governor can deploy the National Guard.

They could also create more Border Patrol jobs. I don't know any conservative that would gripe about that kind of spending. They could also help create and assist citizen patrols made up of residents along the border.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:19 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I think the illegal ones need to become legal!
    erimar2

Answer by erimar2 at 12:08 AM on May. 4, 2010

• What yourspecial said
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:25 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I think people should be able to come into this country and pursue the American dream....LEGALLY!!!

ever since the borders down south have become tighter the border patrol is now up in Northern Minnesota and Canada...yep all kinds of brand new SUV"S are patrolling up here to keep things straight between them and us and make sure everything is good and safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on May. 4, 2010

I am SOOOO fed up with this dumb sh*t! Do you really believe that the majority of people here illegally DON'T want to be here legally?? Most of them do. Most of them would LOVE to be legal. Most of them do not have the connections to become legal. You HAVE to have a US citizen sponsor to become a citizen. A sponsor with MONEY. A sponsor who you are either closely related to or you work for. On top of that if you have been in the US for over a year illegally than you are AUTOMATICALLY banned for 10 yrs from even applying to be legal and from being in the US. Even if you were only a baby when your parents smuggled you over the border and lived in the US for a yr. Even is the US is the only home you have ever known. You will be treated the same as the guy sneaking over the border as an adult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on May. 4, 2010