Will someone explain to me the story of Jesus' face being washed and supposedly the cloth has his image?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that's a Catholic question, it doesn't come from the cannonized text.... correct me if I'm wrong.
    Anonymous

• Are you thinking of the Shroud of Turin which it was said to have been wrapped around his body before he was placed in the tomb adn his image was "transposed" onto the cloth?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:12 PM on May. 3, 2010

• No it's not the shroud. It's a story about a man who offers a cloth to Jesus as he's walking through town with the cross to wipe his face. And there is an imprint of his face on it. Just like on forest gump when he wipes his face with the shirt and comes up with the have a nice day logo. I remember this story from my childhood.

Anonymous

• oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 5:15 AM on May. 4, 2010

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:56 AM on May. 4, 2010

• It involves the legend of Veronica (now there's a nice Jewish name, is'nt it!) who wiped the blood and sweat from Jesus' face as he carried his cross to Golgotha, leaving the imprint of his face on the cloth. Or the legend that, in Jewish burial rituals, the head is wrapped separately from the all-body shroud, and that there is a smaller Shroud of Turin image on this head cloth floating around out there, in some catholic church somewhere. Two legends, both unproven. Take your pick.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:58 PM on May. 4, 2010

• That is really interesting oldermom. Thanks for sharing that article.
    Anonymous