What do you think about these doctors that advertise "abortion services" and then push back the apt til it's to late...

My SIL is trying to sue her "clinic" because they first advertised that they do abortions and then they told her she couldn't get one because she had a "low grade fever" so they made her push it back a week. Then they called and had to change her appointment TWICE because they were "over booked"

In the process of the law suit she found out that they have NEVER preformed an abortion. But they advertise for it...

So in my mine they are literally tricking these women out of having a legal abortion... WTH??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Health

• LOL GOOD!
    Anonymous

• If that's true, that's ridiculous...
    pro-life or pro-choice it doesn't matter ... no one should be tricked by health care providers
    I would feel rather violated...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:11 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I am definately pro-life however I do agree with kaylan... thats a dirty trick...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:15 PM on May. 3, 2010

• that is ridiculous. abortion is legal and women have the right to choose. i hope she sues them and wins, and im sure she will.
    they should be shut down.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:18 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I think it's disgusting that doctors do that. This isn't the first time I heard of this happening. I don't agree with all reasons for wanting/having an abortion but I do believe it is the woman's choice. I hope she sues them and I hope other women that this clinic has done this to get involved and they win. I think it is crap that people try and force someone to have a baby when they don't want one.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:26 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Unfortunately this isn't a new or small problem! Doctors all over the country have been doing this for some time. It's just like all the pharmacies that have Plan B and advertise it and then try to push customers not to take it... Or lecture them about their other options. There was even an SVU about a doctor like this... It's sick. And pro-choice or pro-life shouldn't matter, if you are advertising the service, you should preform it! Period! If you are pro-life, don't advertise that you do abortions! It's really that simple. But don't interfere with a woman's legal right to make that choice!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:28 PM on May. 3, 2010

• No one forces anyone to have a baby(accept in very few situations) if they dont want the baby dont have unprotected sex! Seems like people just want to blam someone else. Maybe she will use some of the money she is sewing for to get some birth control
    Anonymous

• I love to doc how did this... abortion just a nice word for murder
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 4, 2010

• They should give the abortion, with a free tubal ligation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I agree it was a dirty trick, even if I am pro-life...but I'm not sure she has a lawsuit. No REAL damages were done, and she was the one who kept calling them over and over again. If they were "over-booked" she had the right and opportunity to schedule an appt with someone else. Then again, I'm not a lawyer and I have no idea...so maybe she does? If she had to carry the unwanted pregnancy to term, thus suffering "damages." (Ugh...as much as those doctors sound crooked I hate referring to a baby as damages...)
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:10 AM on May. 4, 2010