is there a spot in the bible that forbids make up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not that I am aware of. It warns women, in a nutshell, of being "slutty" haha... but makeup, in moderation, isn't a problem.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:18 AM on May. 4, 2010

• no.
    certain people and denominations consider it in with the sin of vanity though which is why they do not allow it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Vanity and defacing the body God has given you...I guess
    Anonymous

• There are places in the Bible that talk about women not adorning their hair, wearing jewelry, fancy clothing, etc. There are also places in the old testement that only describe "bad" women as "painting their eyes"

I'm not a Bible literalist, and I believe that these things are cultural....in context, at that time and place, "good" women didn't wear makeup.
    Anonymous

• No, it's a personally choice to ware makeup or not.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:22 PM on May. 4, 2010

• NO, woman have been the same since the beginning of time. I wear makeup for my husband, other than that I could care less to wear it. If a woman wants to look beautiful to Yahweh they are to do it with Good deeds, and actions. Since we are to want for our husbands we are allowed to wear makeup to please them. As long as we do not get vain about it or feel proud it is okay because then we are not comparing ourselves or judging anyone else. MPO blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 12:01 AM on May. 5, 2010

• NO
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:32 PM on May. 5, 2010

• It's all too easy to missinterpret Bible verses regarding vanity and defacing the body. Christ simplified that by teaching that we should not make those things a point of worship or ritual.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 9:54 AM on May. 7, 2010