im about 36-37 weeks pregnant. im having mild cramps could this be the start of contractions? this is my first pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be, but when I was pregnant, I had these mild cramps at about the same week you're in and it ended up just being my body getting ready for the delivery in some way, but it wasn't labor. If you're concerned, definitely call your doctor.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 PM on May. 3, 2010

• talk to your doctor.. it could be the braxton hicks
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:19 PM on May. 3, 2010

• A basic rule of thumbs (not a guarantee) is that braxton hicks will calm down if you rest and drink water...and labor cramps will continue to get more intense regardless of what you do.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:22 PM on May. 3, 2010

• some women have that right before labor begins, other women have it for WEEKS. i started feeling those the night before my son was born, BUT i was also 41 weeks at that point. since you are about 37 weeks, you could still have quite a while. good luck though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on May. 4, 2010