Do baby girls get rashes easier than baby boys?

I only have boys so I don't know. I have been taking care of a little 4 month girl and she always seems to have a little rash. It goes away w/ diaper rash cream though. She wears the same brand diapers as my son, and he never really has a rash.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could also be that she has a slight irritation or allergy to the diapers themselves. It doesn't neccisarily mean that it's a rash from having a wet diaper.

My son gets rashes more then my daughter does. He also gets irritations from the diaper rubbing against him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:26 AM on May. 4, 2010

• A persistent rash could also signal a yeast infection. The redness may go down with zinc oxide, but recurs and often gets worse. I asked a pharmacist, and it's safe to use adult yeast infection cream externally. If that gets rid of the rash for a day or so, I'd say she needs to be seen by a Dr. for a more permanent solution.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:55 AM on May. 4, 2010

• It could be allergies also. I have eczema and so do my kids. They all had rashes at times. But check into what you are putting on her and what her parents are putting on her. They may need to change her soap. I once broke out from using a washcloth washed in Tide that I am allergic to. Have them check into her skin.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 8:02 AM on May. 4, 2010

• i've found that cornstarch works wonders as rash prevention
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 1:27 PM on May. 4, 2010