Wondering if its really worth it anymore....Advice please!!

So Ive been with my BF for over 6 years now,we have a 3 year old son together,and we've made it through alot together. I really love him,always have,BUT im at this point now where I wonder if its really worth staying together. He's 27 and just so immature! I can't hardly talk to him without him acting childish! Whenever I say something he doesnt "like" he'll yell or cuss,or just shut himself in the bedroom,or stay outside. Then he wonders why our son thinks he can throw a fit to get his own way! I honestly feel like sometimes im raising 2 kids! Its the same way if I tell him we dont have the money for certain things. He'll yell,slam doors,cuss,and just throw a big fit! I thought eventually he'd "grow up" but it seems like it just gets worse,not better! Now im wondering if its worth the fighting and the stress. I feel guilty because sometimes I think im only staying with him for our son :( any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know what to tell you. You are always going to be linked together by your son. But if he isn't a good influence on your son, you may want to separate. Is he willing to go to counseling?
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 12:38 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Staying with someone just for the kids, is not always the best thing. You should not have to put up with someone cussing, slamming doors etc. It is not healthy for you or your child. I believe that there comes a point in every womans life where we kist want more out of our relationships and life. The men seem just fine to be and stay where they're at. Anyway, go with your gut feeling on what you should do
    Take care,
    racefan88

Answer by racefan88 at 12:39 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Raising a child is hard as it is but when and adult acts like a child and he knows better that is just down right impossible, maybe you should try seperating and if he dosn't change his ways, just leave him and find yourself a man and don't waste your time on a boy.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:50 AM on May. 4, 2010

• It sounds more like emotional abuse/manipulation than being childish. Cut off sex til you get married. Maybe he'll man up. Or, tell him that you are going to counseling on such and such date, no ifs ands or buts. Make the appointment, but the counselor that it may end up just being you if he refuses. At least YOU can talk to the counselor and figure things out. But HE HAS TO CHANGE because, its like that Rodney Atkins song,"Watching You"... the kid is gonna act like Daddy, and needs to know the boundaries. I dealt with this with my husband. Tld him I was leaving if he didn't stop being ABUSIVE. I used that word. He got upset, but then manned up and has been better. Rather, he hardly acts like that anymore, ever. If he does, I say "Don't you dare talk to me that way. Don't you talk to you son that way. It is un called for and inapproprate. When you can be respectful, we'll talk."
    good luck!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:54 AM on May. 4, 2010

• i am no fan of giving up.
    my dh is 39, and sometimes i wonder if he is 12, and maybe he thinks i am his younger brother!
    i must confess, i do have my tantrums as well.
    marriage is hard. i understand you are not technically married, but as far as things like this go, you essentially are.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:29 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Maybe if you leave him this will wake him up, and show him you are serious. I know it's easier said than done. I'm sorry, I know it's a tough decision to make but if you have famiy that can emotionally support you that would be a huge help for you. I wish you all the best in your decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 4, 2010