can coughing hurt your baby??

im just now getting over a cold and i have really bad coughing, can this hurt my baby?

amanda202010

Asked by amanda202010 at 12:47 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope! Your baby is safe and sound in there. I had a cold with my second child and coughing would give me a sharp shooting pain at the bottom of my uterus. I was worried about it so I asked my dr and she reassured me that it was totally fine. The pain I was feeling was just the muscles reacting to sudden movements but it was not at all harmful to the baby. Imagine that your baby is floating in a water balloon. Unless that balloon pops, he/she is safe! lol.. That's how it was explained to me! Hope it helps!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 12:55 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Baby will be fine! I had bronchitis while prego with #2, and strep throat with #3, and both of them were safe and sound.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 9:43 AM on May. 4, 2010