I have not had my menstural cycle for 4 days now , and I have alot of gas in my lower belly. What does that mean?

sexycarter123

Asked by sexycarter123 at 1:11 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Your question is unclear. Do you mean your period is four days late?

It could merely be late. You could be pregnant. The gas signifies nothing.

You need to test. ONLY way to get an answer.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:12 AM on May. 4, 2010

• honestly the gas has nothing to do with missing your cycle. some people get gasy right before a period because they tend to eat foods that they crave and it happens to be gas causing food. It means that you need to keep an eye on the calendar and if still no period after a week buy a test and keep an eye on what your eating that could be causing the gas.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:14 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Not to sound like a smartass..... but it just means that you had a short period this time (if you meant to say that you only had a period for 4 days) AND that you've got gas. One really has nothing to do with the other - bloated, yes, that's menstrual. But gas, no, that's intestinal.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 1:50 AM on May. 4, 2010