how can i get my 7 month old baby boy to bed at a decent time?

ilovemy2boys88

Asked by ilovemy2boys88 at 1:22 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try working him back from where he is going to bed now, in 15 minute incriments. It'll probably take awhile. But he will EVENTUALLY do it himself. You can even try to force it into him... wake him up when you want him up (assuming he is asleep in the morning), and figure out his sleep intervals and work off of those. eventually you can ease him into a schedule of sorts
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:28 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Tell us what his schedule is like.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:42 AM on May. 4, 2010

• With my son, I had some hard time with the sleeping as well. What I did is cut down how many naps he took and how long they were during the day. For example, I ONLY let him take one nap during the day, and it must not exceed more than 2 hours. After this he would play, etc, and finally I would make him one last bottle for the night and put him in his crib. It does take a little while for them to fully get used to it. Every baby is different. If he cries for more than 10 minutes, go in the room and rub his back gently, but don't talk to him and certainly don't take him out of the crib. That will make it worse. Continue to come in every 15 minutes until he stops crying to reassure him you are still here.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 12:25 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Haha Hun When You figure this out You please lettt me know! My 5 Month old likes to go to bed at around 8 sleeps till 10 then stays up till 2am! I can say I am lucky although most nights he sleeps right through until 8 or 9 am! One Trick I did learn is a spoon fed feeding then a bath then a bottle and some rocking. Those 3 steps in that order seem to make him very sleepy
    hillary.rawrs

Answer by hillary.rawrs at 3:35 PM on May. 4, 2010

• As soon as they are old enough to have turkey, let them have it for a bedtime snack. It contains natural tryptophane(sp). It is a natural sleep inducer & works great. If you are nursing, have it yourself & you will both get a good nights sleep. LOL
    Betty
    1bionicgranny

Answer by 1bionicgranny at 3:41 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I did the same with my son as the previous poster mentioned. I cut down the amount of naps he takes during the day. Now he's only down to two naps, 30 minutes each...he's also 7 months old. It was hard keeping him up and occupied when he was cranky, especially since I have a needy toddler as well. But I stuck with it and he eventually caught on with the routine himself. No more crankiness during naptime either. HTH.
    Sara_Says

Answer by Sara_Says at 3:44 PM on May. 4, 2010

• My son just turned two, he has always slept through the night but I keep him on a schedule, he wakes up about 730-8, eats lunch around 12-1 followed by a nap for no later then 5 which he usually wakes up around, then bath at 830-9 followed by bed. If he doesn't get a nap he crashes around 7 and wakes up super early. If he screams, when I put him down, I just let him. I know he is safe and he just wants to see if I will go get him out. It was a struggle to get him on a schedule but way worth it. and the crying can break your heart to listen to but you have to stick to it.
    dclark87

Answer by dclark87 at 4:35 PM on May. 4, 2010

• It's hard to answer this w/o knowing his current schedule. My 7-month old naps about 1 - 1 1/2 hours each morning and then 1-3 hours each afternoon. She is NOT allowed to nap past 4pm. She goes to bed around 8-9pm and gets up around 7am.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 5:11 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Babies need 12 to 14 hrs of sleep a day so , you don't want to cut his naps tpo short because he can and will get over tired and then have a hard time staying asleep.With my twins , I just tried to stick to a routine. Dinner around 4 or 5 then play for awhile.Bath or wash up , snack or bottle. brush teeth , a book then bed. If he learns to know what comes next it will be alot easer.Good luck Momma
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 8:52 PM on May. 4, 2010