oil spills and hurricanes

with the oil spill down south.... what happens when the oil is still there in the water... and a hurricane comes along?

yes this is a serious question.........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• a serious answer back,,,,lets just pray that doesnt happen. A sea turtle was found today,,dead and covered in oil,,,even though the oil is still supposed to be 9 miles out b/c of wind direction,,there is going to be so much more devistation,,so sad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Well, it will be driven with the hurricane. In you look at satellite photos of the spill it's almost ominous how much the formation looks like the 'swirl' of a hurricane storm. I was reading about this just today.

As it is right now, they feel they can pretty well predict where it's 'headed' or where it's gonna end up - mostly due to the fact that they already know the pattern of the ocean currents and habits. (of course anything Can happen)
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 1:54 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Jesus...I hadnt thought of that yet! Its getting a little crazy down here. Lawyers have already decended intoi bayou la batre handing out cards to people offering to help them sue! Reservations are being canceled left and right our economy is about to take a HARDER hit! A lot of these fishermen are 3rd and 4th and 5th generation fisherman, oystermen, shrimpers ect.....its ALL they KNOW and this is going to WHIPE them out :( If a hurricane comes and whips this up I could only assume that it would cause even MORE damage to the shoreline because it would be brought further inland. Hurricane Season starts June 1st!! They may not even get it shut down by that time!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:07 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I hadn't considered that possibility. I guess you pray hard that it doesn't happen.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:53 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Good question. I suppose it would be raining oil. That is a scary thought!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:20 AM on May. 4, 2010