was thinking..

I been wanting to do this birth with out an epi, well last time my child was born at a military hopsital, and the doctor broke my water, to speed things up so i could handle the delivery, with out pain meds, anyways my girlfriend told me that normal hospitals do not do this.. is this true

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They broke mine too.. but I was at a military hospital... My sister had to wait til it broke naturally and she was at a normal hospital. After the water breaks the contractions get worse... don't see how that would make you want an epi less..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Op here, is made my delivery faster as my first delivery was very slow.. with my second delivery I got a shot in the arm for the pain was way better I could do whatever while in labor and well whole things was maybe 2 hours from when they broke my water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I gave birth to both of my child in a normal hospital and they broke my water on both of my child for me and I don't think I was in anymore pain they before it got broken. A womens body knows what it has to do for child birth and no one ever told me that giving child birth was painless. You know it's gonna hurt and burn either deal with it or get meds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I had a hospital birth with my first, they broke my ater to speed up the labor, which of course causes it to become more intense... I did not have any drugs. But many of the time the reasons why hospitals do this is because they don't want to speed up the delivery.... the longer your there the more expensive it is.... and the doctor doesn't want to wait either... really its all about money and time etc. My suggestion if you want to go without drugs is to wait to go to the hospital until you are atleast in transition... or almost ready to push, that way the hosptial will not feel the need to rush your labor, or it wil be too late for an epi etc.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:03 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I had both my children in a normal hospitol and the first it broke at home second they broke my water and i got a eppi with the second i would never get another one no matter how much it hurt they had to redo it five times and i have sever back pain from it.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:10 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I was at a regular hospital. The doc broke my water and gave me pit. Knowing what I know now. I will refuse either again and refuse the monitoring and laying on my back. I did not have and Epi. but, with the water breaking and the pit.....most other people would have. My whole labor was 7 hours.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:33 AM on May. 4, 2010