Brown spotting at 13 weeks, is it a miscarriage?

I saw brown spotting on my pantyliner and I'm having light cramps. I was wondering if I'm going to miscarry or is that normal? I'm 13 weeks and I'm scared because I tried for almost 2 years and finally I got pregnant. So please give your advices.

monkeeyaj

Asked by monkeeyaj at 3:11 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you have had sex recently it could be from that from what i have heard when you miss carry it will be bright red bleeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I bled too. At like 10-15 weeks.After tests and ultra sounds and stuff they told me that blood was trapped between my placenta and uterine wall and the uterus was struggling to attach. I was terrified but it was fine, the blood slowly leaked out and it attached normally. I spotted for about a month. Go get checked out and try your best NOT TO stress! Good luck!!
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 3:20 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I had 3 miscarriages and all of them started out with light bright red spotting. I'm sure you're okay. Make an appt just to ease your mind though. You don't need that stress. Congrats on the pregnancy mama!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:22 AM on May. 4, 2010

• It does mean that ur heading in that direction. But your body's telling you to rest so you should rest. Or you'll bleed next. Oh but I had brown spotting after a huge fight where it got really ugly with my husband. Anyways, after I calmed myself down and rested it got better. But I still managed to rest the next few days. I was 3 months preggers. Don't worry too much. Stress plays an important role.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:54 AM on May. 4, 2010

• monkeeyaj,

I had a miscarriage in March of 2009 and it started out pale pink and not much at all. with in hours it was bright red and heavy. When I went to the ER they told me that brown means it's old blood (nothing to worry about) red or pink is fresh and cause for concern. I know how you feel. We tried for 10 years to get pregnant with #2 then had it end after 4 weeks :( We are happily expecting a little boy in September. Best of luck to you!
    roxanna79

Answer by roxanna79 at 6:15 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Brown is old blood that got caught up on something and finally made it's way down. Since you are 13 weeks your chances of miscarriage have dropped significantly. Since this is a concern to you my advice is to take it easy for awhile. Put yourself on bedrest and try not to be too active until you can talk to your OB. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:40 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I would be surprised if you're having a miscarriage. I had brown spotting with my daughter and was fine. I am currently 10 weeks and just had a pap smear and two days later had a lot of bright red blood - the dr told me that was NORMAL! I went to the ER anyway because that's just not acceptable to me and the baby is fine. Head to the doctor for piece of mind.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 10:57 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I have no idea where you people are getting your infor I have had three miscarrieges and I had spotting with all three and then it ended up bright red, then I got pregnant with dd and had a pap done had bron spotting and everything as ok but hen you have a pap it should be brown not bright red. But since you are having some craping I would go to the doctor
    Anonymous

• Don't want to scare you, but I had my first miscarriage last June and a wk before my 13wk checkup I had brown spotting that onlt lasted a day. Then when I went in I found out I had had a missed miscarriage. I had to have a D&C. My second (3 mos later) just started like a period but much worse. I would call the dr and make an appointment asap! I know a lot of women have brown spotting during the first trimester but mine was bad news. GL hun and I hope the best for you :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:19 AM on May. 5, 2010