Prior to delivery did you...?

This is my second pregnancy. My first child was breech. This child is breech. I was reading in "What to Expect when You're Expecting" about delivery and ect. It mentioned common symptoms prior to delivering your child. Anyway, over the past few days I have been doing laundry like it was a shopping spree. I don't want to stop. I have this crazy mission to get every piece of cloth that has been sitting on my laundry room floor clean. After reading the book I am wondering if this is my form of nesting. The other symptom the book mentioned was having diarrhea prior to going into labor kind of to prepare the colon for delivery so you don't crap everywhere. I delivered my son at 37 weeks via c-section. I am currently 36 1/2 weeks. Could this be my body preparing me for delivery soon? What do y'all think?

jdelain79

Asked by jdelain79 at 3:36 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be. Or it could be that you read so much that you're mind's playing tricks on you because you feel officially ready. The time will come when it does. I hope u have a safe delivery! Don't stress so much, I did and it just delayed things even more.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:51 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Your body has been preparing for delievery for the last 9 months. I had that same book when I was preggo and i would read something and I would run with it. I am the kind of person now that when the baby comes it's time and it's here. When the doctor saids you have to start pushing then it's go time up till that point it's preparing for this beauitful child to be born. This very well could be signs for you I also believe that every women that's having a child is different as is ever child. Momma remember no matter what you will not be preggo forever. You will be holding that beauitful child of your before you know it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on May. 4, 2010

• i just gave birth on the 1st and all day that day i was pooping and throwing up and cleaning my house from head to toe i also have that same book and i believe what it say's because the day before i went into labor i was fine the only thing i was getting slight contractions and they where two hours apart then the next morning every thing changed. i even went to the hospital that morning and they sent me home because my contraction's where not strong enough they said i was just starting labor so they sent me home and 3:00pm and the contraction's got worst so i went back to the hospital at 6:00pm and was already 7centemiter dilated so you never know good luck with the baby it will be here soon.
    vanessa0211

Answer by vanessa0211 at 10:22 AM on May. 4, 2010