Pedophiles. I'd like to get some opinions from moms. Please no need to be rude.

I had this discussion with a young lady (she has no children), and in the conversation I talked about how (IMO), I do not believe pedophiles can be rehablitated. I believe that if you are going to let them exsist with the general public, chemical castration would be necessary. She went on to state that she has no problem with "visual pedophiles". Pedophiles that look at children in a sexual manner, BUT without the intent to harm them. She stated that if she knew her neighbor was a "visual" pedophile and she had her little nieces over it would not bother her because she KNEW he was only going to look and not touch.
My question to you moms is, do "visual" pedophiles bother you as much as those that actually commit the crime? Is there a difference, in your opinion? Can they be rehabilitated? If you KNEW your neighbor was a "visual" one, how would you handle it?

Curious as to other moms opinions on this, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe all pedophiles should be executed. They are a waste of space and danger to our society.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:49 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Oh ... Wow, trying to not freak, but yes, a visual pedo is just as bad, where do you think they get those revolting pics from. They might just lookl, but someone else has taken advantage os a child to provide the pic. I am disturbed by any adult being sexually aroused by a child. For me there is no gray area. Someone might be visual only because opportunity never came his way. A little girl playing at her aunties house who thinks its okay to look but not touch is pretty attractive. How close can they look. Is it okay if they strip a child and lay then down and just look ?? NO!!! Okay, getting too cross now, but no, a pedo is a pedo, no rehab, no second chances. No way!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:39 AM on May. 4, 2010

• it is absolutely scary that this young lady might be caring for children with this attitude. If I had any means available, I'd make sure that her sister/ brother are aware of her carefree approach to pedophilia .
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:40 AM on May. 4, 2010

• OP here I agree with you very much in that respect. Of course when someone has thier mind made up about a particular subject it is hard to convice them otherwise. The lady I was talking to was 26. She also stated that when bad things happen in this life, there is rarely anything you could have done to stop it. I took everything in me not to go cuckoo when she was speaking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on May. 4, 2010

• It just defies belief, she must have either led a blessed or very hard life, to have such an attitude, I absolutely disagree with her on both points. I believe we have enormous capacity to foresee danger and protect, to acknowledge our intuition and act quickly. Yes bad things happen to really good people but, that doesn't mean you just hand your babies to the lion! Wow, your blood must have been boiling. Ignorance is bliss for some, and a liability for their children. I really don't understand some people. Still, you got the heads up that this chick is not to go on your babysitter list.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:55 AM on May. 4, 2010

• There is no garanty. If it;s only visual, who knows if the person won't act on it one day. So a neighbour like that would certainly creep me out. I'd probably would be around all the time when my DD is playing in the backyard.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:05 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I am with you. They can not be rehabilitated. I do not think any kind of castration will help them though. I think what they do is more then just sex.

Answer by louise2 at 5:44 AM on May. 4, 2010

• if someone looks at my little girls in a sexual way, they won't need chemical castration. i will have already ripped their balls off of them.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 6:45 AM on May. 4, 2010

• No such thing as a "visual" pedophile. Just as with any other sexual desire or fantasy, it will eventually be acted upon. It's just a matter of time and of the pedophile getting his nerve up and finding the right victim. They can't control it and it's dangerous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on May. 4, 2010

• What a fucking idiot! Why would you expose your nieces to any kind of pedophile! Yes to what Anon 7:06 said, all violent child rapists and killers started out just looking. Just bc he's only looking at her nieces doesn't mean he's not touching someone else's. NO PEDOPHILES CAN NOT BE REHABILITATED!!!! Until we really decide how we feel and demand changes in our laws to reflect how life damaging these crimes are pedophiles will continue to molest children. Historically kids have had NO rights, they used to work 14 hr days. We have to continue to demand rights for those with no voice, they can't vote. The only way changes are made are for moms like us to stand up and say no more. We have to demand accountability and longer prison sentences, why are there more child molesters free then those with non violent drug offences? If if truly bothers you then get involved and help make a change in our laws! Speak up!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:20 AM on May. 4, 2010