friends

i am 43,,ive seen friends come and go. Unfortunateley I dont have a best friend ,,,I have a few good friends,my bestest freind and I had an argument a year ago and its over,,,,,,,,,Does anyone else feel as we get older the friendships die? I know alot of my freinds are depressed in this economy and dont have time to be afreind or dont want to talk..............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Thats to bad, yes I do know what you are saying.Unfortunatley times change, people change, we don't all change in the same dirrection or time as well.But we do get the choice to make new friends and knew beginings too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm 45 and feel the same as you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on May. 4, 2010

• me too. I am 43 too. Almost 44 in two weeks. If a friendship was dragging you down, it's time to move on. Don't worry you'll live and learn. I know i did and don't regret letting go of the friendship. It's been 5 years now. I don't miss any of the baggage and the one hour monologues and then when I said something it got broadcasted to all out friends and family. The best was the being used part so she come down to our summer house and my hubby would chauffeur them to the beach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I have lost a lot of friends over the years. First some ditched me because I started a family and they were still single. We started to have different interests. Then I grew up and they didn't so that group and I parted ways. As I got older I changed and they changed. Some of them I miss and others I know I am better off without them. Ive made new friends who share the same interests I have now. A lot of the time I am just happier at home now. Friends are great, but they are not everything.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 10:09 AM on May. 4, 2010