how can i get my husband to help out around the house more?

amber_frog

Asked by amber_frog at 7:54 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Beyond telling him, you cannot. It's an excercise in futility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Girl I have asked myself this very question many times lol.. There is one thing that works for me, and that is to stop doing so much for my DH. If he leaves his dirty uniform lying around the bedroom floor, I leave it there! So he has no choice but to pick up his dirty clothes and put them back on the next day and stink. LOL After a couple days of this he finally asks why I haven't washed it! I told him that I only wash clothes that are put in the laundry room! Sure enough.. he started putting it there because he doesn't want to stink everyday, it's actually apart of his job to practice good hygiene anyway (he's Army). I do this with alot of little things that he does. It may take a while for him to realize it because well, he's a man, but it does work you just have to be persistent. I clean up after a 3 year old and a 1 year old all day long, I refuse to clean up after a grown man as well.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:01 AM on May. 4, 2010

• rolling on floor ahhhh still trying to figure it out myself. If anyone has please let us know!!! You could be a millionaire! Some days I feel like lighting the couch on fire just to see if he really can get off his lazy ass!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:02 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Different methods work for different guys. Some do not respond well to being asked nicely. If yours does, try it. This may be enough.

If not, quit doing everything for a day. LOL. He's wonder what is wrong with you.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:05 AM on May. 4, 2010

• He'll*
    babycakes254

• Make a cleaning day in your house, and have EVERYONE clean at that time that day. Say thursdays after dinner.. everyone has to clean...
    My DH tells me we're going to do that someday.. and I always look at him when I'm cleaning and think about how he says that...
    He does help clean every once in a while, but I don't think he's done dishes in over a year...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on May. 4, 2010

• What do you want him to help with? Are you a SAHM or a working mom?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:09 AM on May. 4, 2010

• when you find the answer let me know
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 8:16 AM on May. 4, 2010

• My hubby feels like he deserves a metal if he does anything to help out around the house. Also, if and when he does, he has tell me every tiny little thing he did. It's really quite funny. Oh and there is always the waiting til I put the last dish in the dishwasher before he says "baby do you need some help...i didn't know you were cleaning the kitchen".
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 8:18 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm stumped. Mine bitches when I ask him to refigerate the leftovers.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:21 AM on May. 4, 2010