DH my personal trainer?

Anyone see this as a bad idea? After working on losing weight for 6 months, I'm almost down to my prepreggo weight. My DD is 12 months old. I have lost the weight, but I'm concerned that I'm not gaining much muscle. I know I'm not losing it, my legs look great! But my arms, inner thigh, stomach.. yuck! So, I'm having my DH make meal plans and exercise plans for me so that I can firm up my body...
Anyone think this will end badly? He told me himself that I'm going to hate him, but that I'm not allowed to act out on the hate.. and just have to grin and bear it cuz I'm the one asking for his help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• There are gonna be times that you wanna cheat or not work out & he's gonna be on you to do it. You probably won't like some of his meal plan ideas. Whatever complaints you have remember he's doing this for you so don't bitch about it. Tell him how much you appreciate all his hard work & that you need him to be in a more "I know you can do it honey" way and not a drill instructor kind of way. If he calls you out on cheating or complaining you can't get mad at him for pointing out your short comings. That's what he means about you hating him. Ask for his suggestions but make the work your problem and not his job to nag you to follow along w/ the plan. Good for you for working out! Keep going!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:37 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I'd say it all depends on your personalities. I won't be able to do it myself. I can't stand being told what to do all the time.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:13 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Free personal training...I'm all for that! My husband isn't a trainer, but he's an athlete and he's been helping me lose the baby weight, and I still love him. LOL.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:50 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I think it depends on your dinamic, if you are the kind to get hurt when he is being hard on you, it will probably end bad, if you can handle a little tough love then I say go for it, it could be really great. Hell it might even bring the two of you closer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 4, 2010