White wash is BLUE!

My entire white wash is blue....I know it is from the liquid fabric softer. So it's not dissolving or dispersing...
1 - do I need a new washer?
2 - how to get my whites white again?

lapizz

Asked by lapizz at 9:04 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• did you use one of those dispenser balls? If so you may have overloaded the washer so that when it hit spin cycle the ball did not release softener properly. Check the water level setting as well. As for getting everything white again - set water setting to high and run everything thru again on rinse setting - try warm water. this happened to me a couple times - I switched to using dryer sheets. Hope this helps.
    Kristi
    photomom48842

Answer by photomom48842 at 9:14 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Go to Wal-Mart or your grocery store and get this stuff Color catcher or Color grabber. IT is in the laundry isle and it is like a dryer sheet. IT removes color. I don't know how it works but it does. You put it in the wash and in the dryer with your load of clothing. Let me know how it works for your whites.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:30 PM on May. 5, 2010