A question for pro-illegal immigration crowd . . . ?

I see all of these signs trying to liken the anti-illegal immigration movement as being like Nazis and such. How exactly is being against someone breaking the law like being a nazi? What actions are taken against illegal immigrants in this country that makes some leap to comparing it to Nazi Germany? Are there gas chambers that we haven't heard about, or perhaps is this a giant leap and one of the loudest cries of racism that are unfounded?
Just for reference, I am also anti-anyone knowingly breaking laws, regardless of race, gender, national origin, etc.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:16 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry Quinn. I don't think like a nazi, so it is kinda hard to see how other people equate the two. I am pretty sure that the protests over the weekend were headed up by AFL-CIO, the SEIU, La Raza, So, that in itself should give us all a clue that the people who think the law equals Nazi-ism are trying to spread propaganda because they really don't have a logical argument to debate with. I know you have heard of Alinsky's Rules? I don't know the number, but I know this is one of them, to call you opposition names. That is all they really have any more.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:12 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Before the Jews in Europe were rounded up into the concentration camp they were required to carry around proof of their citizenship at all times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Our federal law requires that if you are a legal immigrant that you must carry your ID as well. Why no cries about the federal law?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:27 AM on May. 4, 2010

That way the nazi army could quickly move them to the gas chambers and concentration camp!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on May. 4, 2010

• really... we are all required to carry ID with us. Natural citizen or immigrant alike. That is nothing new!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 4, 2010

• So are people thinking that we are going to round up illegal immigrants and put them in gas chambers? That is a huge leap. One that is worthy of the biggest tin foil hat out there.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:34 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Pretty sad and pathetic if that is the worst of what they remember of the Holocaust....since we all must carry some sort of ID with us for whatever reason.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:37 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I live in phoenix, az the state under current scrutiny over the immigration law SB1070 which I fully support. I'm not racist, communist, or nazi but I will point out that it is THE LAW that says ALL persons over age 18 in the USA are required to carry around identification. That doesn't mean papers, this isn't nazi germany, that means a license or state issued ID card. It's the effing law people.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:39 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I've actually lost an old friend on facebook because of my non violent opinion on this law. Calm down
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:40 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Were the Jewish people required to carry papers, or were they tattoo'ed with an ID number? Or did that happen once they were in a concentration camp?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 4, 2010