Daddys little swimmers got the baby in there, now its time for them to get the baby out!

ok so i know that sperm can brake your water... But how long does that take?

Lets say you have sex at night, if it doesnt happen by the morning does that mean it needs another try or could it take like 48hrs? I dont remember how long these little guys are alive for. Lol.

Not an importent question, iv just been thinking about it for some reason.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no lol it can't break your water, the enzymes in the semen help thin your cervix
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Sperm live for 48 hours, but they can't break your water.. they just soften the cervix.. sorry :(
    Took a doctor to break my water, but I walked in dilated to 4cm without ever feeling a contraction... thanks little swimmers :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 4, 2010

• LOL.. The "little swimmers" can help soften your cervix. But it only works if it was ready anyway.
    2 of my 4 kids.. were helped along this way !!
    And of course.. it's always just a good excuse to keep "trying" !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on May. 4, 2010

• OP....
    Ohh... I think i was told they can actually like eat threw the bag or something?
    Whoops. Lol. Well thanks for clearing that one up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on May. 4, 2010

• through.. and they don't have teeth they are cellular microorgansims, if they could break the water then sex would be off limits during the whole pregnancy...this is exactly why i posted the question about ignorance
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on May. 4, 2010

• i agree that the sperm can't break your water. the prostglandins in sperm can supposedly help efface your cervix but imo the prostglandins in sperm aren't concentrated enough to do much. having an orgasm might set of contractions though, but they will probably just stop unless baby has triggered that s/he's ready for labor to begin.

good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on May. 4, 2010

• also it's generally best if your water doesn't break until after labor is well-established. my water broke before labor and everything was great but having the water as a cushion during labor can be a good thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Wow anon 9:59... Asshole much? Why would people be asking questions if they knew the answers already? So ignorance is aloud here. And my god, stop correcting spelling! No one cares!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 1:32 PM on May. 4, 2010