How to handle a 4 yr old boy being bullied by family/friends??

He is a very lovable little boy. He is a huger not a fighter. He also takes getting picked on, even from his cousins and also girls. My cousin has no idea how to handle it.She let her hubby handle it and he was teaching him to wrestle and hit, which she did not want hi m to learn, but she doesn't want him to sit back and take it. I feel bad because I couldn't help her. I hope some of you ladies could really help me out in giving her advice( I know everyone is different so lets not fight).

newbie623

Asked by newbie623 at 10:02 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well I guess that the Mom and Dad are trying their best,, if the little boy doesn't like play wrestle with his Dad, I wouldn't make him,, are the cousins just teasing? I think the parents of the bully/bullies need to be talked to,, it sounds like they are family, so time for a meeting!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:05 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Some kids are just more passive than others. You can't make someone fight back that doesn't want to or doesn't care or see a point to it
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 10:09 AM on May. 4, 2010

• We've dealt with this to some extent and I've gotten to the point I speak up. The parents need to know their kids are being bullies and it's not right. What tore it for me was a boy who is a distant relative of my DH constantly lying and doing anything he thought might make trouble for my son, who is also very loveable, saying my son bit him. The boy's dad immediately judged my son guilty and my son just sat there looking like he was going to cry. I went right up to the other boy and said show me your arm. Not a mark to be seen. The dad looked like an idiot, the boy was shown for a liar and I said to my son he needed to just stay away from that child. Bullying is unacceptable in any form and it's even worse when family does it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:10 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Tell your Cousin to Either keep her Son away from these rotten kids or talk to their Parents NOW. There should be a NO TOLERANCE limit set for bullying. Either they stop their kids now or risk being sued by her or others in the future. Sounds like they have the problem not the Mother of this nice Boy. Poor kid has to be subjected to this, it's absolutely ridiculous. Tell her to stand up for her Son to the other Mothers& Fathers, set the limit now, it pays to be a B&%ch some times to avoid issues in the future. A quote, "Better to be feared than loved" . Let the others FEAR HER! Sorry to be harsh but this really pisses me off.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Thank you ladies, I will read all of these to her.
    newbie623

Answer by newbie623 at 1:32 PM on May. 4, 2010

• you teach him what to say... that depends on what they are saying to him... and you an adult who is watching this happen? put them in their freaking place! tell them how you willpunish them if they continue.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:22 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Don't let him around them! Don't worry about other's feelings, take care of the child.
    Anonymous