What are your personal values?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 10:21 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• On what? Thats a pretty vague question
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:41 AM on May. 4, 2010

• What a broad term. There are so many so I'll go with just one basic one. Try to love others even when I don't like them at times. For if you try to love them, you will try to respect them.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:44 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I value honesty, responsibility for one's actions, not harming others unless in self defense, treating others the way you want to be treated, honouring privacy and personal space, and taking care of the land we live on, and the animals on the planet.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:46 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Your questin is pretty broad so it is hard to answer with any certainty. However the biggest one would be respect, courtesy, kindness,honesty, and empathy. Soem of these tie into others depending on topics.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:26 AM on May. 4, 2010

• i have the same values that NightPhoenix has. i also value honesty, responsibility for one's actions, not harming others unless in self defense (lest in thy self-defense it be ever mind the rule of three), treating others the way i want to be treated, honouring privacy and personal space, and taking care of the earth and the animals on the earth (i am a member of PAAN so i want like all animals protected) and i value being respectful and tolerant of those whos race, appearance, gender, sexual preference, culture, and other ways differ from my own.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:37 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Honesty, responsibility, loyalty, kindness, service, courtesy, love, openness.

Im sure there is probably more but thats what I thought of right off.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:14 PM on May. 4, 2010

• love one another, do unto others as you'd have done unto you. the godlen rule, be humble, true,prayerful,clean, smart,grateful,honest
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:16 PM on May. 4, 2010

• It's broad.... but generally to practice compassion, to be responsible for your own actions, to love others.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:35 PM on May. 4, 2010

• It does seem a broad question, doesn't it. However, if one takes the "goal and objective" approach, it's not that broad a question. Goal being a more broad, umbrella statement. Objective being the more detail, measurable plan to reach that goal. We have values in a broad sense and then actions that exemplify those values.

My core values, then, include:
    being fair
    being compassionate
    being honest
    remembering love is a verb

How I strive to live up to those values - being respectful to others; thinking first-acting second; thinking before I open my mouth; donating of my time, talents and money; telling the truth not just to others but to myself; being honest not just when someone is looking (which also means, being respectful even if posting as anon. LOL!) etc and so on...
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:22 PM on May. 4, 2010

• 1. If it needs to be done, get up and do it. There are no deities that do the dishes or visit the sick.
    2. Tell the truth. It is capable of standing up by itself, unlike lies that have to be nursed, like a naughty pet, 24 hrs. a day.
    3. Do what is right. Because it is the best thing for you and for the society that you live it.
    4. Take care of yourself and your fellow creatures--ALL of them. Not just your fellow humans.
    5. Use your talents to help others.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:35 PM on May. 4, 2010