it burns when i pee but theres nothing wrong?

im 28 weeks pregnant and just came back from my doctors appointment and had a pap done to see why im having burning down there. he took a culture of it and checked for bacteria and he said that i had more good bacteria then bad. i have bv in march and he gave me a prescription for it and he gave me one this time but he didnt seem like i should take it again.so what could the burning be from? i dont have a uti or yeast infection or bladder infection

amanda202010

Asked by amanda202010 at 10:30 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• irritation?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:32 AM on May. 4, 2010

• you have an imbalance of bacteria, regardless of whether it's good or bad. are you scratching or rubbing? if so the burning is probably from irritation and inflamed tissue. ask for a cream like mystatin.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 10:36 AM on May. 4, 2010

• probably need to drink more water. When I burn down there, I just put a tiny bit of neosporin on me. It really helps
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:39 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't use antibiotic. Could you be irritated? I would go a couple of days without clothes on bottom. Wear dresses with no panties. If you can't go that extreme then wear no panties at home. Make sure you are using laundry detergent and fabric softner that are the "free" kind that are for people that are sensitive. Wear panties that have cotton lining and are more like granny undies than thong.

No sex until you are feeing better either.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:48 AM on May. 4, 2010

• actually I was told by a doctor and my momn ( nurse) that a little neosporin helps with irritation. And it does, and doesn't hurt anything. But I agree with Gaill about the types of panties and pants, anything that can rub can cause irritation.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:03 AM on May. 4, 2010

• to be on the safe side, I would also drink cranberry juice and eat yogurt. They help with bacteria and yeast. And, NO SEX!!
    Vins_mom09

Answer by Vins_mom09 at 12:41 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Are you still having sex? It's naturally to be a little less...moist.....during pregnancy and dry sex can cause major irritation and burning.
    Anonymous