??/

im going to my doctor today and im thinking about getting a IDU what do you think?
what should i get?
whats best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do you mean IUD?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 4, 2010

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 4, 2010

• personally i am afraid of them because of past issues with the older type. But many moms love the iud. Myself? I am going with the old fashioned method, condoms. Hate them but until we decide the next step for our family, thats the best choice for us.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:54 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I heard the iud dosnt stop you from getting pregnant, what it does is that when you get pregnant the iud kills the baby!! i heard lost of crazy sad storys. That happen 3 times with my friend, So i do believe it.

Im also with Bearsjen i use only condoms until we are ready for another one.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:05 AM on May. 4, 2010

• i have heard some bad things about the IUD!!!
    faretta

Answer by faretta at 11:44 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I've had IUD's before. HATED Mirena. Replaced it with the copper one (Paraguard), and LOVED it. I had it removed for a surgery (they had to go through my cervix with a 'scope), and before I could get it put back in, baby #3 was on her way! lol, so a plus side is that fertility is returned to normal VERY quickly. Had the copper one again after baby #3 was born, got an infection (totally unrelated to the IUD) and my doc wanted me to have it removed for a bit, so was on BCP for a month or so, took some antibiotics around the right time, and now baby #4 is on the way! I will get the paraguard again after this baby is born. Never had any issues other than heavier flow during AF.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:50 AM on May. 4, 2010

• And I just wanted to add, the IUD doesn't KILL your baby if you happen to conceive. What it does is irritate the lining of your uterus so a fertilized egg cannot implant. And that's just paraguard. Mirena is hormone based, and acts pretty much the same as BCP, I do believe. It does however, raise your risk for ectopic pregnancy, so if you have a personal history, do not use it.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:53 AM on May. 4, 2010

• There are always risks to birth control. You might want to talk to your doctor about Natural Family Planning. It is a course that teaches both you and your partner the signs of fertility. That way you can plan when to try for or prevent pregnancy. IF you take the couse and use it properly, NFP is as effective as birth control (pills, IUD's and condoms).
    Vins_mom09

Answer by Vins_mom09 at 12:29 PM on May. 4, 2010