CAR SEAT QUESTION

I'm looking for a car seat that will hold both of my girls.... It's going to be used as an extra for my grandma who only has one kid at a time. My 3 year old weighs 42 lbs and my 1.5 year old weighs about 25 lbs. Anybody know a good seat I can get to accomodate both of them without the huge $$$? I already have a Graco Nautilus I use in my car for the 3 year old. I just didn't want to pay 170 for another seat unless I have to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• You arent going to be able to find one that will work for both without spending good money. If you are forward facing your youngest then I would go with the Nautilus. If not, you may need to purchase two. For the youngest, i recommend the Cosco Scenera. it is a GOOD carseat, and it is about $50. For the oldest, you could look into the evenflo maestro ...
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:07 PM on May. 4, 2010

• the evenflo maestro will, but it only harnesses to 50 lbs and is under $100
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:14 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Hi! I just purchased the "Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat" for $54.50 from amazon.com with free super saver shipping (don't forget to check that box at checkout). I purchased it for my husbands car. I really like it. I bought it because it has a 5 point harness but it converts later after 40 lbs. to a booster up to 80 lbs. My Son weighs 30 lbs now and it was hard to find a car seat for over 40 lbs. with a 5 point harness that isn't a fortune. I have a Britax Marathon in my Car but I can't spend that $$$ now. So this one got good reviews and when I got it it was nice & comfy for my Son. Great quality & I was surprised! It just didn't come with shoulder strap pads so I used an extra pair from a stroller that I had but no big deal. I really searched & this was the Best for the $ & safety. Hope I helped!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:23 AM on May. 4, 2010

• You might want to consider the Evenflo Triumph Advance, because the straps are very easily adjusted. It harnesses to 50lbs. It is around $130, but would be great for your situation.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 3:26 PM on May. 4, 2010