lost respect....

it seems that thetown has lost respect for our family...one of the woman were turning the corner looked right at me did even acknowledge me...some people i dont care if they ever talk to me again.. this has seemed to have dribbled into the girl scout troop. i tried to talk to my friend in the troop but nothing...that saddens me.they were my friends and i dont know what i did.i guess you could say how do i regain face..this has happened before so i kept way low and out of sight but as soon as i re- appeared(thinking everthing was fine)it started all over again... its kind of like gang bullying???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• you can't take a guess as to why? it could be many reasons...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:23 AM on May. 4, 2010

• i think one person started the fire... and then just kind of ran with it....people seem to listen to this person for some reason.. she said the other day i was crazy and the town thinks so... i dont know why.she laughed at my dh and said she had no respect for him.... we dont know why.....this seems to be having a trickle effect which we cant seem to stop....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Sounds like you live in a drama filled town. I've lived in places like that. I would just flat out ask them what their problem was. I don't think that you're going to find out any other way. I speak from personal experience. It could be something totally stupid, could be everyone listening to that one person (which if you can prove that person is making stuff up or lying or whatever, then it will just make HER look like an idiot lol). Sorry I don't have any other advice for you than that. DH is military, so thankfully we don't stay in one place too long. We've been here the longest, so have seen A LOT of drama in this place and most of it was based on catty women pretending to be your friend then talking about you behind your back. So be careful of that. I just don't get too close to many other women, they can be super catty lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:41 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Just be nice and friendly and people will eventually see you for who you are. It may take time but if what she is saying is a cmplete lie then she is probably gossiping about others. Sooner or later people will see the truth. Are you in a really small town? it is hard for people to forget in a small town when someone makes a mistake. I try not to be this way but I know someone in my town who had an affair, it was a big scandal. Everytime I see her I think of this...even though it was 18 or so years ago. I like her but I think it is weird that the affair is what first coems to mind because it was such a huge deal. If it wasnt true it woulda been forgotten.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on May. 4, 2010

• It sounds like you are paranoid, a way of being crazy. You think people are saying bad things about you and your husband and the whole town is rejecting you. It's unreasonable the whole town could hear gossip and would reject you.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:44 AM on May. 4, 2010

• OPOPOP i live in a very small town..... and i was told this...ok maybe not the whole town but my dd whole school...dont call me out on that one cause its true...i am not paranoid....some one told me.....yes i do go to therapy and thats why they said that they dont talk to me... they laughed at my dh well he put a end to that....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Small town drama - I would honestly move or your children will suffer from this if its seriously this bad. My sil is a small town and the queen of gossip so yes, I KNOW It happens just as OP is saying.. I am sorry to hear this!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:50 PM on May. 4, 2010