CBS Frets Illegal Aliens 'No Longer Feel Welcome' -- and the Problem Is?

Most support Arizona’s impending immigration enforcement law and a solid 78 percent think the federal government should do more to keep illegal immigrants from getting into the U.S. Katie Couric noted in citing the new poll numbers, “hundreds of thousands of them now live in Arizona.” How did CBS take these hardly surprising findings? Couric fretted “many” of those illegals “no longer feel welcome.” Instead of seeing that as good news which will lessen the problem, CBS empathized with the plight of a reproductively profligate law-breaker.
cont

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:22 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• “On a dusty block in Phoenix, 15 years of the Quintana family's possessions are for sale,” reporter Kelly Cobiella despaired over video of teddy bears before translating for the mother, Manuela, who managed to churn out ten kids who are now U.S. citizens, but hasn’t bothered to learn English.
    How appropriately said.. should we change the law that gives citizenship to anyone born here?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:22 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Oh how sad that they don't feel welcome anymore....BOO FREAKING HOO! lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:23 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Omg, they SHOULDN'T feel welcome, they're here illegally, which means they are not supposed to be here and are not wanted here. That concept isn't rocket science!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:24 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Tucson doesn't support the law. The City Council is voting today to sue the State.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:25 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I don't know how we could make them feel much more welcome. Most of the products in stores now have Spanish on them right under the English words. Job after job can only be gotten if the applicant can speak Spanish, which sounds like discrimination. That is where a lawsuit needs to be, not suing Arizona. That is so ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 4, 2010

• LOL, I love your question.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:35 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Illegal Aliens should never feel "Welcome" here. They aren't wanted here. I welcome immigrants only if they go through the proper procedures to gain entry. I am sick of bending over for the illegal ones. Though I do wish I knew how they manage to play the system. They get free schools, free healthcare, and other perks that I as a legal citizen cannot. Talk about screwed up. I hope they get found and shipped out. The problem is, how do we keep them from coming back?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 4, 2010

• -- and the Problem Is?

The problem is that the supporters don't want available jobs because it's easier to collect PA than clean a dirty toilet. Let the illegals do that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Tucson doesn't support the law. The City Council is voting today to sue the State."

Good luck suing the state, since it's a Federal law. LOL!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:41 AM on May. 4, 2010

• If the illegals want to feel welcome here, then they need to learn to speak English and pay taxes like the rest of us. You can't live like a parasite and expect to feel welcome.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:44 AM on May. 4, 2010