If you saw someone who wasn't white and didn't speak English, would you assume they were here illegally?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 11:42 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 4, 2010

• no but if i see someone who refuses to speak english while in america i assume they are here illegally, white or brown idc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I don't assume shit about anyone.. least of all people who aren't white.. wth does that got to do with it? I knew a guy that was british and was in the states illegally... and you know canadians do it too... so why do people care if cubans and mexicans come illegally.. you don't hear them bitching about canadians stealing our jobs... ugh.
    Anonymous

• I don't assume who is here legally or illegally, but I would support any police officer that was asking for that person's ID if they were caught breaking a law.  I would also support deportation if they were found to be in the country illegally.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:45 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Refuse? It's a free country isn't it? Wouldn't they have "Freedom of speech" regardless if it's in English or not?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:45 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Not in Arizona. Most of the people I see aren't white. I live in a "Mexican" neighborhood in Tucson.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:46 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I knew a guy that was british and was in the states illegally... and you know canadians do it too... so why do people care if cubans and mexicans come illegally.. you don't hear them bitching about canadians stealing our jobs...

Exactly. No one gives a shit about white people coming here illegally. Only brown and yellow people it seems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on May. 4, 2010

• no, if they want to be here they can learn english, you don't go to mexico, france or whatever and expect them to change their languange for you so why should we change for them? THAT'S what i mean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 4, 2010

• So you wouldn't think it was wrong for the police to ask them for papers, etc. just because they could be illegal immigrants if they don't LOOK American or speak English? THat makes it okay?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:48 AM on May. 4, 2010

• no, if they want to be here they can learn english, you don't go to mexico, france or whatever and expect them to change their languange for you so why should we change for them? THAT'S what i mean.

Yeah I hate it when people speak a different language right in front of my face. It's annoying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 4, 2010