How to drink more water?

We always hear that we need to drink more water that it is good for you but don't drink too much bc it can cause water itoxication so just drink what you can a day atleast 8 8oz. I hear is good. Anyway I have been drinking water but now it is starting to taste plain and am dreading it but don't want to give it up so I started to use these little packets of Crystal Lite....has anyone tried this?

I kind of like it then I don't bc it taste too sweet for me and the after taste I feel like I have a sort of film in my throat is it better or ok to drink this? I mean what benefit does it have if nothing I'd rather just stick to the plain water or a squeeze of lemon juice (real lemons that is). Oh and it has caffiene :( No wonder it says energy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Last year I bought a camelbak bottle. Yeah, there are other kinds, but I like this one. It's a 32oz. I fill it with ice, then with water, and keep it by where I spend most of my day - or at least handy, on a table where I walk past all the time. It's not problem for me to drink 2 full bottles in a day because it's always there, and it's always cold (ice cold is the only way I can stand to drink water - plus it's a natural calorie burner).
    Anonymous

• lol you can get the flavored water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I think a slice of lemon is nice. Also try freezing a few ice cube trys with some berries in the water or something else you may like so it adds color and a bit of natural flavor. I find I drink more water if I put it in a glass I like. Try drinking it with a straw or a fancy water goblet and see if it makes a difference.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:03 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I find this question sad. This is why so many Americans are over weight. How do I drink water? I just drink it. I drink around 64 to 72 oz of water a day. Drinking a bunch of artificial sweetners if really bad for you. It's going to cause migraines and joint pain (look it up). You're setting a terrible example for your children. If you, a grown adult, won't drink water how can you expect your kids to? I urge you for your health and your children's health to just drink water. Once it becomes a daily habit, it won't seem that hard to do.
    Anonymous

• Several years ago I gave up soft drinks DDP and found it easy when I drank sparkling water with no additives at all.Now I don't care for soft drinks much at all.I do drink some home brewed iced tea with fresh lime or home brewed pomegranate-green tea iced.YUMMY and compared to soft drinks or coffee very little caffeine.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:24 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Has something in your water supply canged? That can be easily handled by buying bottled water or an in home purification system. Although I do like the flavor boosts from Crystal light........ water w/o all the treatment plant additives is and will always be awesome.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 4:07 PM on May. 4, 2010

• It is nearly impossible to get water intoxication. You have to drink gallons and gallons daily to get water intoxication.

Just put a splash of real juice in your water. Crystal Light is not food-- it's chemicals.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:31 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Add a slice of citrus fruit or kiwi; add fresh mint leaves, a cucumber spear; etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:38 PM on May. 4, 2010