Do you think there should be an age limit on education?

I think not!!!

I am 38 and I plan on going back to college. I use to hate school but now I love to learn.
My daughter said: Mom aren't you too old to go back to school?
What do you think?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:05 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL I went back to school last year at 38. I loved it. Want to do more, but need to find a job and pay off my student loan lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:07 PM on May. 4, 2010

• nope. there's this woman at my mil's church who's 90-something now. she dropped out of high school to take care of her siblings after her mother got sick. when she was in her 60's, she went back and got her GED
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 12:07 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Absolutely not! You are never too old to learn.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:07 PM on May. 4, 2010

• NO way! My father is retired and decided to get his master's degree for no reason lol. Its just something he always wanted to do and im so proud that he is finally getting around to doing it.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 12:08 PM on May. 4, 2010

• No, theres always room for learning. No age limit! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:11 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I don't see why anyone should be limited when it comes to an opportunity to better themselves.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:11 PM on May. 4, 2010

• No way.... My dh's granny was in her 50s when she went back to college and got her masters. My mom never graduated from HS becasue she was a sickly kid. She went back to school at 36, as a mother of five who worked full time. She graduated with a 3.8gpa in four and a half years.

That has inspired my husband and I to be live long learners. We are always reading and striving for more. Our family motto is "Knowledge is Power".
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:20 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Ann Landers once received a question from a woman in her 50's who wanted to go back to school to finish her degree. She said, "but by the time I finish I'll be almost 60 years old!!" Ann said, "And how old will you be if you don't??" Nuff said!
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 12:45 PM on May. 4, 2010

• 50 here and stll one year to go, my youngest will finish before me. My mother got her masters at 60. Never, never to old to learn something new.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 12:51 PM on May. 4, 2010

• makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:56 PM on May. 4, 2010