How has this affected you?

Have you done a chapter 13? If so how has this affected you?

My DH and I are skeptical. We want to pay our debts. Many creditors are unwilling to work with us. There are also many where if the payment is 70$ 60$ of it goes to interest alone. Sick right? We've sure put ourselves in a bind when we hit 18.

This is all older debt, obtained when we were younger. Mostly my DH's debt. We have two cars, that we owe more than what they are worth. So getting rid of them to cut costs isn't much of an option. We make really good money but live paycheck to paycheck still.

We plan on taking some financial classes to help for future cases so we don't end up in the same situation again in the future.

So again we want to pay what we owe, that's why we're considering a ch. 13. We don't want to loose certain items if we can help it.

We are so backwards that we don't know how to get out of it. Creditors are unwilling to work with us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• The Dept of Justice has put together a database of credit counseling/debt consolidation orgs with the DOJ stamp of approval-
    http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Dave Ramsey shows you how! Need more income to help I can show you how!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:57 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I LOVE dave ramsey. ....
    Anonymous

• Again....Dave Ramsey! There is a group on here called Dave Ramsey Fans. The women are great and they can give you a lot of good advice. Also go to the library and check out his book The Total Money Makeover. He has a website, a tv show on Fox Business, and a radio show.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:41 PM on May. 4, 2010

• The website is DaveRamsey.com

He also has a course called Financial Peace University- if you have the money for it, it is definitely worth taking. I hope you get things sorted out soon!
    Anonymous