What do you serve to guests when you have people over for dinner?

Most of my recipes are good, but they're "week night express" types of things. What is something good to serve when people come to dinner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the occassion and how they are related to you...are they friends,coworkers,the boss and his family,just family?
    Anonymous

• I love to grill out. Its easy but still tastes great. You can do steaks or something as simple and less expensive as chicken. Add grilled potatoes, grilled fresh corn, kabobs and/or a salad and you've got a nice meal. Other than that I don't think express meals are so bad. I was at a friends house the other day and she whipped up a beef aian stir fry and it was delicious. Dinner with friends doesnt have to be fancy, just taste good!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:27 PM on May. 4, 2010

• something you dont have to count people for. another words, cook for an army. noodles are great cause they come in big packages and you dont have to measure out how many people are gonna show up or worry how little of something you have.
    like spaghetti.

bbqed meatballs are good too but you might want quit a few side dishes such as noodle salad, rice and beans.

before supper is served i like to set out finger foods so they will be more impressed like the food never stops. finger foods like wontons cups filled with something, cheese and crackers, pickle wraps, well...anything!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:29 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I agree that it depends on the occassion and who is coming....but in the winter time, maybe lasagna or cajun chicken pasta, garlic bread and a nice salad, red wine.... summer, bbq, either london broil, chicken kabobs, grilled veggies, salads...something like that and sangria or frozen drinks for fun. If its someone I need to be a bit fancier for or impress, something more time intensive....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:50 PM on May. 4, 2010

• How many people? I like doing a traditional thanksgiving type meal.
    Anonymous

• Oh and if its just the girls I'd do a bunch of appetizers and cosmos, with something very chocolatey for dessert =)
    gramsmom

• i do tacos, always easy
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 5:55 PM on May. 4, 2010