How do I deal?

OK so I messaged my father on my stepmoms FB last week or so and he messaged me back how sorry he was and all that so I sent back a 3 page message explaining how I really feel and why. There has been nothing back so last night my sister told me that he has his own FB so I looked at it and in his bio he says he has 2 grown daughters and 1 grand daughter. So I message him saying why did you put us in there when you don't care about us. I have gotten nothing back. My DD will soon be with out her daddy for a while he is going "away" if you know what I mean and he is soo upset to leave his children. He knows he did wrong and wishes he could take it back for the simple fact that he has to leave his kids. My father is 2 hours from me and I haven't seen hin in almost 10 years and it's killing me! Help ladies please!

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 12:33 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Health

• I'm sorry the men in your family aren't the kind of men you and your children need. You can't make your father love you.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:39 PM on May. 4, 2010

• what is your question exactly? how do you deal with what?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:40 PM on May. 4, 2010

• My mom never let me see my father when I was growing up. All she ever told me were bad things, wether they were true or not. I moved in with him when I was 16 and lived with him for 6 months until he kicked me out for being too much like my mom. I didnt speak to him for almost 3 years after that but then I moved in near him and see him a lot. its better now and I do tell my children that he is their grand father. try seeing if he wants to meet you guys somewhere? Whats the worst that could happen?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:41 PM on May. 4, 2010

• OK to clear things up my DDs daddy is an amazing man and did something illegal to provide for her. He was looking for a legal job and selling bootleg dvds to make money. I am jealous of the relationship him and my DD have not because I want her to be like that with I wish I had that with my dad. Well now that that is cleared away. Shay how do I deal with knowing my father does not give two sh*ts about me? Saberna that worst that could happen is my DD seeing him when her daddy isn't around and her other grandpa is sick and if she has fun with him and loves him and then he does what he did me.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:35 PM on May. 4, 2010

• If they don't want you, respect you, love you, need you .. Then you don't need them.
    I know it's hard, I can imagine the heartache you must feel. However, the thing is that if they cannot be there for you in every way as you want to be (are) for them, then you don't need them. Let them go and let them live their lives. You will find someone who needs you as much as you need them and you'll be happy together. The other ones that can't do that for you aren't worth your time or heartache. It's hard now, I know, but you can get through it. Your father, your husband, whoever doesn't want to be there then don't give them that open invitation. Close the door and walk away. It'll be better for you and the kids in the long run.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:42 PM on May. 4, 2010

• my dad doesnt give 2 shits about me either. he live an hour and a half away from me...the way i deal with it is to simply not talk him at all. Yeah and i think its funny too, if you look at my dads facebook and myspace he has pictures of me as a little girl. I just tell myself..."yeah, thats when you WERE a dad"...all he is now is a slave to that bitch of a wife.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:53 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i guess what you are saying is you want a father figure for your daughter while her daddy is away and you are looking for your father to be that?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:55 PM on May. 4, 2010

• shay...kind of I don't want it to be some guy you know. Her daddy is her daddy and he loves her he just messed up which we all do and I will still be here when he gets out and so wil she.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:55 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i wouldnt count on your dad. Just know that kids don't "need" dads. A mother can play both roles if they have to. it is hard.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:15 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Shay it is. MY DD just has her weekly visit with her daddy I am currently uploading some pix. Thank you ladies very much!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:08 PM on May. 4, 2010