I need child care for the summer! Discouraged!

I am so frustrated! Every summer i have to hunt for teens who want to babysit. So frustrating! I like it when my dd can stay home in the summer but trying ot find teens who i can depend on and want to work is very hard. I have to go to work!! If you work what do you do with your kids in the summer? It is so discouraging to keep calling and trying to turn up with nothing...Daycare doesnt take8 yr olds...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on May. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Find someone to come into your home. Look at Care.com
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 12:40 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i changed my availability. i told them i can only work on the weekend
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:44 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i have never a daycare that didnt take 8 year olds. i even worked at two daycares and we took kids as old as 12
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 12:45 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Find a mom that takes care of kids in her home. Try putting up signs at local community colleges or universities. Find other moms with kids the same age and pay someone a lot to take care of 6-8 kids. Sign the kids up for lots of community activities to keep them busy and make it easier.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:47 PM on May. 4, 2010

• We have a Y program here through the school,, and my home daycare does take 8 year olds,, I also found a camp/school near our home. I found my last really great babysitter on Craigslist,,, I checked her out completely and she is now one of my best friends, How big is the town you live in? Sitter City is a local place here that places people to watch your kids.. My girlfriend is a teacher and she watches kiddos in the summer for extra money! Hope this is of help,, I am having problems finding someone to watch DS for 1/2 hour after school,,, couldn't get my time cut down anymore!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:49 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Check the babysitting ads on craigslist.org
    I am a babysitter out of my home and thats where I do a lot of my advertising and I get a good amount of business from posting there.
    Its mostly stay at home moms that post there but you will find the occassional teenager posting too,looking for a summer babysitting gig.
    Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:52 PM on May. 4, 2010

• have you contacted your local child care resouce and referral agency (www.childcareaware.org) I work for one, and 98% of the centers in our database accept children up to age 12
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:55 PM on May. 4, 2010

• wow most daycare's around here go to age 10 or 12! That's crazy!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:44 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i agree with the above people. i wish that i could get some kids to come here during the summer. i tried to get a daycare going from home, but couldnt afford to keep putting ads in the paper for two calls in a week and no kids.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:24 PM on May. 4, 2010

• where do u live? ?
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:57 PM on May. 4, 2010