believers of the bible

What makes you SO SURE that the bible is actually real & the words of "god"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There's a good reason that it's called "BLIND faith". The truth that the bible is a book of mythology written by a primative and nomadic people, with very little factual information in it, would destroy blind faith. So they opt to stick their fingers in their ears and chant, "Nah, nah, nah, nah." to drown out that truth.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:26 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Faith. However, I know that it was written by several individuals, parts taken out, and translated. To tell you the truth, I learn more from my relationship with God than I learn from the Bible.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 1:11 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm not. I weighed the probabilities and made a decision about who to trust and what to believe. What makes you so SURE about anything? For example, when you get sick, what makes you SURE about what the best course of action is?
    Anonymous

• Personal experience.
    Anonymous

• It's called Faith!
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 1:56 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Faith. Also, I have felt God's presence and seen His hand in my life. He reveals things to me in His Word that let me know to trust the Bible.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:44 PM on May. 4, 2010