any advice on how you make friends.....or even friends with another

couple. i'm starting to get depressed cause i have no friends or even just one freind. i lost my best friend when i married and had another child, plus move really far away. she is younger then me so our lives are in different stages so i knew eventually our friendship would fall away. i have always been the type of person who had one good friend. i find it hard now to find that one good friend or girls who to be friends with. what are some ways i could get lines of communication opened or ways others have befriended you that worked. i really want a friend...also someone whose husband would want to be friends with mine so we could do double dates etc with our kids and what not....any advice would be great, thanks

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 1:09 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Invite some you know (at work, on your block, at a PTA meeting, etc.) out for coffee.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:44 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Well the good news is your in the right place,, look up Cafe Mom groups in your area,, lots of them meet for play dates and such,, the older we get it is so much harder to find good friends!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:18 PM on May. 4, 2010

• look for moms w/ similar interests in your area here on cafemom. Arrange for a playdate at a neutral place & see if you click! Thanks to cafemom my dd has a best friend and they play together all the time! her mommy and I get along great too!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 1:19 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I work most days and I really was not looking for friends in this new town, I just sort of hit it off with this lady I work with and I do consider her a friend. We have not exchanged numbers or visited outside of work but at work we talk a lot and have lunch together. Other times it has just been conversation or a common interest with someone and we just hit it off. I would say we have met most couples at church or during social events that my husband and I attend.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 1:24 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I have a hard time making new friends. My BFF died in 2005 and I was so lost for a while. I reconnected with an old friend and although we have lots in common we are both busy with our boys. Also, I made new friends through my DS's organized sports team and we do lots with the children. Although I'm not a joiner, you could find a book club or some other hobby/interest you have to meet a friend. Most of mine just happened, just be open and willing to talk!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:34 PM on May. 4, 2010

• so i seen your answer on another question, you asked the girl if she happend to live in arizona, ironicly the same ques i was gonna ask her, i feel the same way you both do. good news, i live in az, and not far from you either, next town over, in AJ. you can email me if you want. upallnightscrapn83@hotmail.com maybe we could meet up for lunch or something. ~ashley
    upallnitescrapn

Answer by upallnitescrapn at 12:36 AM on May. 5, 2010