Newborn eating and sleeping

How much does your 4 week old eat and sleep??

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 1:26 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It all depends on each baby. With my first she would sleep 4 hrs and I don't know how much she ate. I breast feed her. With my second she only slept 2 maybe 3 hrs at night and the same as my first. I breastfeed.
    Anonymous

• Depends on the eating.... some eat more than others. Watch for spitting up, that could be a sign your infant is eating a tad too much. 2-4 ounces is the norm realm there... according to me anyway.

Sleeping. Super important, for a happy baby, and a sane mommy. : ) Every 2 hours I'd try to put my baby to sleep when she was a month. Sometimes it was every 3 hours that she actually fell asleep. Be sure to put him/her in a quiet comfy place to sleep to help them sleep longer. : )

Good luck.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:29 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Sleeping? Hmmm...VERY short stretches every few hours and never more than two hours at a time. I think he might have slept six or seven hours out of every 24. And when not sleeping, he was eating except for five minute stretches for bathing and diapering.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:40 PM on May. 4, 2010

• My first at that age nursed about every 90 minutes during the day and slept a few times a day and dozed on and off through the night, waking only to nurse about every 2 hours. Probably slept 15 hours in 24. My second at that age woke up every once in awhile for about a half hour at a time, nursed, and checked back out. Probably slept 21 hours in 24. VERY different.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:09 PM on May. 4, 2010