How likely is the judge to let my husband out of jail to be with his dying mother?

My husband got a DWLS in 2005 and waited until Jan 2010 to turn himself in to take care of it. He got 9 months probation with random breathalyzers and community service. Well he was late twice for his PBTs (breathalyzers) and was sent to jail for 30 days. Yesterday I found out that his mom's cancer came back for the 3rd time and the doctors dont think its treatable. She was admitted into the hospital yesterday for an immediate blood transfusion. She has Hodgkins Lymphoma. I wrote a two page letter to the judge begging her to let him out early to be with her. Today is his 6th day in jail. Do you think she'll let him out? Im waiting to hear from someone today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• idk..they wouldnt even let my aunt out of prison to come to her grandmas funeral. They made her wait until the service was over and the let her visit alone.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:33 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry for your situation but I highly doubt they will let him out of jail. When you break the law, they don't care what personal matters are going on in your life. They won't let people out if their wife is having their baby, so I'm sure they wouldn't let him out to be with his dying mother.
    Anonymous

• There is a possibility but it is at the discretion of the judge, they sometimes do that here in Miami, for funerals, hope he can get to go before it's to late. Good luck!

Answer by older at 1:34 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry for your situation, but IMO he shouldn't be let out.. you do the crime....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:36 PM on May. 4, 2010

• it is unlikely, though not unheard of. All you can do is try, right?
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:38 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Its not like he killed anyone, seriously! He drove on a suspended license not a drunk driving or anything. And prisons are where serious offenders go, this guy is a non violent offender who was just late for a couple breathalysers geez. Sounds like the judge is a bitch already for giving him 30 days just for that!!!
    Anonymous

• IDK they may if she is only going to have just days to live,, but if it looks like she will hang on for a bit,, they might. If they do I hope your hubby will follow the probation,, next time they might throw the book at him!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:40 PM on May. 4, 2010

• people in prison get more freedoms than people just sitting in a county lockup
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:43 PM on May. 4, 2010

• OP here. They pretty much already threw the book at him from the beginning. His offense was driving on a suspended license but his probation was all alcohol related. He never blew dirty and was late because it was easter sunday and we were at church and the second time I was at work and he had to walk all the way there, 6 miles. Both times he was less than 15 minutes late. I've heard of people getting out sooner for dumber and less important things. Like celebrities. I am in the Army Reserves and pulled that card out for the first time, I hope it works. He was in there for 4 days without a shower or opportunity to change his clothes. THe place is on emergency status for overcrowding. they sent all work release inmates home on tethers and moved inmates into that facility, my husband said there is a door where he can just walk out of and leave if he really wanted to but thats 2-5 more years lol.
    Anonymous

• I doubt it..she may let him go to the funeral but he will have to serve his time either way he is not getting out of the 30days.
    Anonymous