Calling all STEP-MAMA'S

I answered a question the other day from a mom trying to get more parenting time with her daughter, her post read as follows:
"If I have nothing to lose I shouldn't sign a consent judgment, should I?"

I did not bash this mom for her past and I gave her advice just like everyone else...I couldn't help but notice all the STEP-MOM BASHING! which I can't help but take personally, as I'm a step mom to two of our 5 children and I am also a temporary guardian of another child who I would love to adopt. I don't understand how so many of you can criticize the women who have stepped up and have not only taken on the responsibility of these children but giving them patients, understanding and most of all LOVE. We have taken on a role that some birth mothers have just walked away from or lived a lifestyle that was not in the best interest of their child . Their rights as parents were taken away for a reason! Why all the step mom bashing?

geminisummerz

Asked by geminisummerz at 1:32 PM on May. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I only get honked off by stepmoms that bitch that their husband has to pay child support and complain about what the mother of said child spends her money on.
    The only dad I have even known is my stepdad. He is a wonderful man and we are all so lucky he came into our lives. I really give props to step parents.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:37 PM on May. 4, 2010