Oh gosh I am so torn about to tell or not!!! What would you do?

Hi I am in the hair industry, and for those of you who don't know when we stylists give our notice we are usually asked to pack up immediately and leave. I have some really good friends who are about to experience a walk-out from their salons,, I am friends with the stylists as well. Anyway,, this could cost them their entire salon,,,but it looks like it is going to happen no matter what,, should I just stay quiet? It really breaks my heart to see 2 decent people get the shaft, like this! Times are really tough in our industry and there seems to be the grass is always greener syndrome going on,, so TELL or NOT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't think I would say anything. You don't want to make enemies of the people who are leaving. They won't lose their salon. There are a lot of out of work stylists that can fill the places.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:03 PM on May. 4, 2010

• when we stylists give our notice we are usually asked to pack up immediately and leave

Do you mean that your hair stylist friends are about to give notice to the salon that they are quiting? Or do you mean the salon is giving notice to the hair dresser that they are being fired?

Who do you want to tell? The salon or the employees? What are you planning on telling them?

I'm confused!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:51 PM on May. 4, 2010

• The hairstylist are walking out from the current salon to go to a different one,, Every single one of them! Now this is not a horrible place to work,, just mob mentality going on!
    Anonymous

• "this is not a horrible place to work"

If that is true, then the owners probably deserve a "heads-up". I would try to do it in a way that they won't use your name though if they confront the ones walking out.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:57 PM on May. 4, 2010