Who else on here has a baby over 12 months that still uses a bottle?

Mine is 13 months and I have her down to 2 bottles a day. Were working on weening her off!

How hard has it been for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My niece is 21 months and still has a bottle. I breastfeed, personally, so I don't have to worry about weaning at a year, but I don't think you're doin' a half bad job, mamma :) It takes a lot of determination to get them off that bottle! It's hard and heartbreaking sometimes :( Good luck to you, I hope you get some awsome answers about how to break the bottle habit without hurting your kiddo's feelings.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:52 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Well...My DD breastfeeds... it's kinda like a bottle.. but attached.. she'll be 13 months on the 20th of may... I tried giving her milk at lunch/dinner.. and she didn't even ask for breastmilk... but then I decided she was too young and still my baby.. so I'm waiting til I can find a job to ween her!
    Anonymous

• I stopped giving my son the bottle 2 times a day at 16 months :) I wish I would have stopped t 15 months cause he was ATTACHED at 16 months and ti was heartbreaking to hear him beg for it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:55 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Ours drank from bottles until 16 months. Before that she had a really difficult time drinking from a sippy cup. All the spill proof features they have in cups nowadays made it really hard for her to get any liquid out of the cup. We have her a cup of water she could drink from any time she wanted at about 14 months and continued with bottles of milk or juice at meal times. It wasn't until she was able to drink several onces of water out of the cup that we switched at meal times. When we did, we went cold turkey. She cried the first day, thinking she would get a bottle, but has been ok ever since.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:02 PM on May. 4, 2010

• How did you get him to stop? I was told to start watering down the milk I put in the bottle until it was all water and hopefully she'd just wouldn't want it anymore.
    Anonymous

• I had both my girls off the bottle at 10 months. I replaced it with sippy cups. Replace a behavior with a behavior
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:27 PM on May. 4, 2010