Don't you notice that the only ones who "support" teen pregnancy ARE or WERE teen mothers?

Why do you think this is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I am an exception to you moms because I was almost 30 when I had my first daughter and 33 when my second dd came along. But being the mom to an 17 yo now tells me Yes these teens need support and guidance but I believe they need it BEFORE they
    become pregnant. I have told my dd that I will take her myself for bc before I take her for an abortion. There is no reason today to get pregnant if you don't want to. And if you are a teen you shouldn't want to. Yes it works for some, yes it is hard, it wasn't always easy at 30, But it feel more sorry for teens who get pregnant than supportive. Bash all you want, I had a lot of fun in college and as a 20 something, and I think that helps me now as the mom to teens. It takes a special kind of person to give a child up and I don't know if my kid is strong enough for that or me for that matter. I guess what I am trying to say is, support these kids before they get pregnant. JMO
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 4:24 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I had my son the day after I turned 18 and I DO NOT support teen pregnancy at all. Why would anyone think it's ok to get pregnant when they are still babies themselves? I'm not proud of having a baby in high school. In fact, I kept it a secret from almost everyone.

The only reason I've heard as to why KIDS choose to have sex and get pregnant when they are young is that they don't want to he "old" when they have kids. Stupidest reason I've ever heard.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:01 PM on May. 4, 2010

• It's true, I've seen it. Teen ttc forums as well. People who are NOT stable and are ttc or supportive of others who want a baby when they do not even have their own place to live. Selfish.
    Anonymous

• Any teen thinking it is "okay" or acceptable to have a baby when you are not emotionally, mentally and financially ready already shows their lack of education, common sense and maturity.
    Anonymous

• I had my daughter 2 months before I turned 21, and I would consider that too young for anyone who asks. I am a great mother and my daughter is a great child, but I probably would have waited a while if I had to do it over again. I find it unbelievable when I see 16-18 year old girls on here asking "curious" questions about how to get pregnant easier, ovulation days, ect ect. Enjoy your youth I say.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I am against it...I had my son at 19.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I was 20 when I had my daughter, married and stable. I support teens who are pregnant because THEY ARE PREGNANT WOMEN AND NEED SUPPORT, EDUCATION AND LOVE just like the rest of us, actually, moreso. You can't take back getting pregnant, once it's done it's done. All you can do is offer support so that girl can become a woman and be the best mom she can be.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:15 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Had my kids young and I don't support it, but I see it all the time! it's hard, lived with parents, had no job; Not a way to bring a child into the world
    Anonymous

• Ati, that sounds like an excuse to justify their pregnancies. Why is it we wait to "support": them after they have gotten pregnant? What is wrong with education and encouraging young girls to respect themselves and get an education first?
    Anonymous

• i got pregnant with my daughter when i was 18 and had her when i was 19 and had my son when i was 20......i am against it. i think they only think about when their baby will be old enough to take them to the park and fun stuff like that and dont even ever once think about all the hard stuff that comes with having a baby.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 3:17 PM on May. 4, 2010