Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you leave your own baby at 9 months?

My son's mom left him with his father when he was 9 months old. She disappeared for 4 months and came back only because we served her with custody papers. We are married we have another little girl and our life is perfect... but now she wants her son because she doesnt want to pay the support... It's a stupid situation oh and by the way he is almost 3 years old now and she sees him once a month if that and it's because her mom wants to see him not her. When she finally does fade out of his life would we be wrong for not telling him about her until he is able to understand it? He thinks I am his mom and calls her by her first name...

Answer Question

Asked by Aleah_Hardiman at 2:59 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I htink you should give him information as he is growing up. maybe show him a pic of his mom and talk about how he came from her tummy but you are his mom. Kinda like adoption so it wont be a big shcok when he is 8 or something. I would let the mom fade away if she will. Dont call her and dont ask for money..the longer the visits go the better off you will be. he needs a stable home and it sounds lilke he is in a good situation!

    Answer by ria7 at 3:10 PM on May. 4, 2010

  • Have her sign away her rights completely then she won't have to pay child support

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on May. 4, 2010

  • Don't make her pay support. You could lose him because of it. Do you need it that badly? I would drop it if I were you. I'd rather have the child!

    Answer by mompam at 3:13 PM on May. 4, 2010

  • I wouldnt care about child support if she refuses to see him.. have her sign her rights away.. this was you have less drama and you keep the lil boy in a more stable and suitble enviornment.

    Answer by navajomama7 at 3:24 PM on May. 4, 2010

  • I agree. If it'll make her go away- cut her a deal. :-)

    Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:41 PM on May. 4, 2010

  • To your original question I would treat it sort of like adoption and let him know you did not give birth to him, but you are his mother. I did not know until I was 13 years old that the man raising me was not my bio dad and I had a HUGE issue when I found out. I would drop the child support thing and try to get her to sign her writes off to him. The courts would likely give you custody anyway with the situation, but she may get visitation and possibly custody if you pursue this.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on May. 4, 2010

  • We never asked for child support. She owes back child support and any time you owe child support it gets taken from your tax return. Our attorney is going to see if she will sign the papers then we will give her money back... We have been raising him with out her money this whole time so no we don't need it. :]

    Answer by Aleah_Hardiman at 8:12 PM on May. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.