How much money do you have?? Research paper

I am writing a paper for me economics class. How much money do you have after all the fixed (rent/mortgage, utilities,ins.) For groceries, gas, clothing and other necessities?

How many in your family?

Do you put anything into savings?

Thanks ladies. This will really help.

We only have DH and myself, boys are grown. and we have about 2000 left after putting 1000 in savings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• I usually have about $200 that I put into savings. Half in mine and half in my son's account. But I also have about $150 spending money. That is is not spent on groceries or gas. It's only me and my son.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:29 PM on May. 4, 2010

• You mean monthly? I don't really keep track, but I would say we usually have about $8,000-$15,000 left each month after expenses, which goes into savings. We're a family of four.
    Anonymous

• Well right now since I am having trouble finding a job. We have about $200 a month after bills are paid but that is our grocery, gas money, and diaper money. So I guess $0
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 3:41 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Oh and we are a family of 3. And as you probably guessed already we don't put anything in to savings. Lol
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 3:42 PM on May. 4, 2010

• about $1000 after all expenses are paid, half goes into savings.

we're a family of 5

personally I put $100 into savings, $20 for each of the kids.

but we also run our own company so sometimes the $$ is more and sometimes less - depends what we have to buy for the business (that we use as a shareholder loan)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:44 PM on May. 4, 2010

• We're a family of 3 and we have about $6500 left over. Sometimes a little more sometimes a little less. We use $450 for clothes, food, etc- and then we'll put about $200 in savings.
    Anonymous

• I am the Previous anon- I meant to say $650 left over not $6500. Sorry about that. One too many zeros :)
    Anonymous