ok i might be pregnant and Im am dibating telling my husbend

ok i know it sound weird but not to long ago a good friend of mine got really excited because she was pregnant and told every body a week later she had a miscarriage i have always been a big believer of not telling until ur second trimester now my husband has a big mouth i know he deserves to know but i don't want any body else to know just quit yet em i being silly

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you should tell your husband.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:30 PM on May. 4, 2010

• You need to tell your husband. That is terrible.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:31 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Take a test first to confirm first.
    I see nothing wrong with telling people close to you. If you do have a miscarriage then you have people to support you and comfort you. I don't get the waiting to tell, unless you wait to tell your boss, I can understand that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:31 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Are you the kind of person who wants to deal with sad things all by yourself, or do you want someone to support you through it? If you want to deal with it all by yourself without anyone to lean on, and that is what would make you feel best in the situation of a miscarriage, then don't tell. If you would want someone to comfort you, try to help you feel better and grieve with you, then you need to tell. If you really don't want him to tell anyone, but you want HIM to know, then maybe just stressing that to him and telling him how it would make you feel if the whole world knew you had a miscarriage will keep him from blabbing to everyone.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:33 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I would tell your husband...he deserves to know. I thought about keeping my pregnancy news from my DH until his birthday, but his birthday was 2 weeks away at the time I found out and I just couldn't keep it in! At least tell him, you don't have to tell anyone else. Let him understand why you don't want everyone else to know right away. I'm sure he would understand your reasoning, and it may be hard to keep in (it was for my DH) but he'll understand. If he respects you, he'll keep it a secret until you're ready to tell people =) GL!
    Anonymous

• You probably should tell him but it's not so strange or terrible to keep it to yourselves until the first trimester is over. Not everyone, even though they might be close to you, know what to say or might not even feel comfortable trying to comfort you in case you do have a miscarriage. Honestly, I've never understand telling everyone as soon as you confirm you're pregnant anyway. Maybe you and your husband could come up with a compromise of when to tell.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:12 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I think your husband deserves to know if the test is positive, but mine would respect the fact that I didn't want the entire world to know right away and keep his mouth shut. We personally told our parents and siblings right away, but no one else until about 3 months along. I completely understand not wanting a lot of people to know, but I also like to have support there if something were to happen. That is why we choose a few people to tell at first. You need to make it clear to him why you don't want the whole world to know.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:19 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Learn how to spell before you have a child. Please.
    And tell your husband, what is that matter with you??
    Anonymous

• At the risk of sounding superstitious, I am a believer in not telling until the second trimester either. I didn't tell with my first, I told my MIL during my second pregnancy and lost the baby. I didn't know about #3 until my second trimester! But I did tell my dh with all three. You just have to make him understand you don't want anyone knowing! I hope he respects that!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:50 AM on May. 7, 2010